DaVinci Resolve 15 Certification Training 4-Day BootCamp
Blackmagic Design Training Partner
Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., Virtually Online Live & On-Site
DaVinci Resolve 15 Certification Training BootCamp Course Description: DaVinci Resolve 15 is the only video post-production tool that blends four high-end video applications into one, including a module for editing, color correction, audio production, and now, the new Fusion module for visual effects (VFX) and motion graphics! In our four-day, hands-on DaVinci Resolve 15 BootCamp training course, you will learn the new DaVinci Resolve 15 features to include Fusion’s 3D workspace, and Blackmagic Design’s official curriculum to prepare you for the latest certification exam. You will gain hands-on experience with editing, grading, and mixing and mastering deliverables for a start to finish workflow. This course is useful for Video Professionals using applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Apple Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Avid, and more. DaVinci Resolve 15 has a free version available for download.
Certification Available For This Course: Get Certified! Become a certified DaVinci Resolve professional! With a curriculum designed for new users and established professionals alike, Blackmagic Design certified training teaches you the skills you need to be more creative, work faster, and get the job done! Free certification online exam available for DaVinci Resolve 14 here.
Prerequisites for Attending DaVinci Resolve 15 Certification Training BootCamp: Students must have a good working knowledge of computers, operating systems, using a mouse, keyboard, standard menus and commands. Students must be able to open, save, and close applications and files, as well as navigate to other folders.
Job Roles That Use DaVinci Resolve 15: Professional editors Colorists Audio engineers Sound designers VFX Artists
Projects That Use DaVinci Resolve 15: Video Editing (Films, TV, Commercials) Video & Film Color Correction Audio Editing & Mixing Motion Graphics
Times for DaVinci Resolve 15 Certification Training BootCamp: In Person & Online Live: 8:30AM-3:00PM ET / 5:30AM-12:00PM PT (30 Minute Lunch) Private Custom & Project Based Training: Your preference
*Please click the Dates To Register tab above to see all dates & times available.*
Hands-On Training Led by Certified Instructors
Print and/or Digital Courseware
Certificate of Completion
Continental Breakfast Every Day (In Person Only)
Catered Gourmet Deli Lunch Every Day (In Person Only)
Unlimited Snacks and Refreshments (In Person Only)
Notebook & Pen (In Person Only)
Free Parking (In Person Only)
ThinkB!G open enrollment classes are taught on the most current version of software whenever possible. To request a specific version, please Contact Us or call us at 301-362-2250.
DaVinci Resolve 15 Certification Training BootCamp Course Outline
Note: NEW DaVinci Resolve 15 Features will be covered, such as Fusion Visual Effects & Motion Graphics, Fairlight Audio, Color Correction, and more!
1. QuickStart: Editing a One Minute Movie Starting a project Assembling clips in a timeline Editing narration Adding a soundtrack Adjusting audio levels Deleting clips from the timeline Retiming clips Panning and zooming on photos Adding a title Playing full screen
2. Organizing a New Project Configuring essential settings Exploring the DaVinci Resolve interface Importing clips Reviewing and scrubbing clips Viewing clip metadata Adding custom metadata Making new bins Creating Smart Bins Saving custom bin views Changing clip names
3. Assembling a Rough Cut Creating a timeline Making the first edit Scrubbing with JKL keys Inserting clips into a timeline Using timecode Overwriting video only Appending a clip to the end Editing from a Bin Replacing a shot
4. Moving Clips in the Timeline Importing projects and relinking media Color coding clips Deleting clips without leaving a gap Splitting clips Cutting and pasting clips
5. Refining a Timeline Customizing the layout for trimming Trimming to the playhead Ripple trimming Selecting tracks to trim Using roll trimming Slipping a clip Opening gaps using the selection tool Trimming in the source viewer Sliding a clip Trimming sub-frame audio 6. Applying Transitions and Effects Fading clips in and out Adding cross dissolves Customizing transitions Saving custom presets Applying transitions and filters from the Effects Library Reframing shots Rendering and background caching Creating a constant speed change
An Introduction to Audio Post and Sound Design
7. Working with Audio on the Edit Page Working with markers Customizing the interface for audio Adding and patching tracks Color coding tracks Finding markers using the Edit Index Viewing markers in a bin Linking clips Monitoring, soloing, and muting audio Setting levels in the Inspector Copying and pasting audio attributes Setting levels in the timeline Changing a level within a clip Adding audio fades
8. Mixing Sound in Fairlight Exploring the interface Previewing video Renaming and color coding tracks Viewing a spotting list Organizing tracks into submixes Measuring Loudness Setting track levels Adjusting fade handles
An Introduction to Color Correction
9. Quickstart: Color Correction Learning the color page layout Modifying lift, gamma, and gain Using other primary corrector controls Understanding nodes Making secondary color corrections Applying DaVinci Resolve FX Tracking power windows 10. Performing Primary Corrections Balancing color and brightness with the Color Wheels Checking adjustments on scopes Making a neutral color grade with the primaries bars Creating a style using the main primary controls Enhancing styles with the additional primary controls Using curves for primary color corrections Copying corrections between similar shots
11. Making Secondary Adjustments Using qualifiers Using outside nodes Combining qualifiers and power windows Tracking power windows
12. Designing Creative Looks Mixing a black-and-white shot Creating new versions Using a look-up tables (LUTs) for quick looks Creating a bleach bypass Comparing versions Saving grades across projects
13. Conforming from XML Conforming a timeline using XML Attaching the offline reference movie Round-tripping from AVID, Premiere and Final Cut Pro using XML
14. Delivering a Final Program Creating a web streaming file Creating a custom preset Using DaVinci Resolve color management
15. Managing Media and Databases Consolidating media Copying projects and media to a new hard drive Working with the DaVinci Resolve database
16. Editing Multicamera Productions Creating a multicam clip Viewing multiple angles Editing in multicam mode Replacing shots in multicam mode
17. NEW DaVinci Resolve 15 Features General Improvements Edit Page Improvements Subtitles and Closed Captioning Color Page Improvements New ResolveFX Fairlight Page Improvements FairlightFX Introduction to Compositing in Fusion Using the Fusion Page Getting Clips into the Fusion Page Image Processing and Color Management Understanding Image Channels and Node Processing Learning to Work in the Fusion Page Creating Fusion Templates
All course objectives and outlines are a guide for students. To ensure student satisfaction, these course topics and order may be modified or added to ensure the latest information is covered to support real world use of the technology.
Watch Below To Learn More About DaVinci Resolve. Please Note: This video from Blackmagic Design is to explain more about the product and is not a reflection of how our online courses are conducted.
DaVinci Resolve 15 Certification Training BootCamp
We are learning architects who empower people and organizations. We enable them to receive the learning solutions they need, when they need them, according to their projects and preferences. Training, technology and talent.
Our mission is to empower clients and collaborate with our partners by delivering excellence in technical skills training, business strategy, online learning design and custom development expertise. We aim to help clients differentiate themselves and accelerate their business performance.
Privileged to have over 90% repeat clients since our start in 2000.
Trusted Choice as Adobe Authorized Training Center and Apple Authorized Training Partner in the region & nationwide.
Leaders in Adobe Virtual Online Live Training (VOLT)
Project Based Training® – Unique service to blend training with production.
Windows & Apple Mac Training Facility
Full Service – Continental Breakfast, Lunch, Free Parking and all training materials included
What We Do
ThinkBIGLearnSmart specializes in offering blending technology training solutions combining Classroom, Virtual Online Live Training (VOLT), E-Learning Development, Custom Curriculum & Assessment, Web and Mobile Application training and development.