Apple macOS Support Essentials 10.15 – Catalina 101 (Course #: APL-MAC101-150) Live Hands-On Instructor-Led Training Class
Baltimore, Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C. & On-Site at Your Location
Course Information & Why You Should Attend
New Features for macOS Catalina:
Project Catalyst: iPad apps that have been brought over to the Mac
Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV apps that replace the iTunes app
Improvements to the Photos app
Enhancements to the Notes app
Apple Mail Updates: mute a thread, block a sender, and unsubscribe
Redesigned Reminders app
Find My app that combines the features of Find My iPhone and Find My Friends
Screen Time for Mac
Sidecar, for using an iPad as an external display
Possible Catalina Training Dates in 2020 to Plan On!
August 31-September 2
November 30-December 2
Duration & Times: 3 Days – 8:30AM-4:00PM ET / 5:30AM-1:00PM PT (30 Minute Complimentary Lunch)
Locations for Training:
- In Person at ThinkB!G in Columbia, Maryland near Baltimore, Washington D.C., Virginia region.
- Upon Request: Onsite Custom Private Training at Your Location!
Job Roles That Use macOS Support Essentials 10.15:
People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
People who support Mac users
Projects That Use macOS Support Essentials 10.15:
How to use macOS tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Catalina
Features and functionality of macOS Catalina, including how to find more information
Apple macOS Support Essentials – Catalina 101 Course Outline
Part 1. Installation and Configuration
Update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Catalina
Set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac
Use the command-line interface
Use macOS Recovery
Part 2: User Accounts
Manage user accounts
Manage user home folders
Manage macOS security and password management
Part 3: File Systems and Storage
Manage file systems and storage
Manage permissions and file sharing
Part 4: Data Management
Use hidden items, shortcuts, and file archives
Use metadata and Spotlight
Manage system resources and Time Machine
Part 5: Apps and Processes
Install, manage, and troubleshoot apps
Part 6: Network Configuration
Manage basic and advanced network settings
Troubleshoot network issues
Part 7: Network Services
Manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall
Part 8: System Management
Manage printers and scanners
Troubleshoot peripherals, startup, and other system issues
Disclaimer: All course objectives and outlines are used as a guideline and are subject to change to ensure the latest information is covered to support real world use of the technology.
Software Versions: ThinkB!G open enrollment classes are taught on the most current version of software whenever possible. To request a specific version, please Contact Us or call us at 301-362-2250.
Dates to Register
Complete the form below and we will alert you when macOS Support Essentials 10.15 Catalina has launched!
An Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.15 Exam is Coming Soon!
Custom Private Training
We offer this course as Custom Private Training or Project Based Training®!
If you have a team of individuals, you can receive bulk discounts by doing your own Private training session & cover your specific learning objectives! We can have the Private Training at ThinkB!G in Columbia, Maryland, Virtually Online Live (Available for Most Courses), or Onsite at Your Location.
- Custom Outline to include Targeted Topics Based on Your Learning Needs
- Hands-On Official Authorized Training & Certification
- Training Delivered from Instructors that are Senior Consultants Certified by Adobe (ACI), Apple (ACT), & Microsoft (MCT)
- Official Curriculum Print and/or Digital Courseware
- Certificate of Completion
- Computer (Apple Mac or Windows PC) with Software & Class Files (In Person Only at ThinkB!G)
- Continental Breakfast Every Day (In Person Only at ThinkB!G)
- Catered Gourmet Deli Lunch Every Day (In Person Only at ThinkB!G)
- Unlimited Snacks and Refreshments (In Person Only at ThinkB!G)
- Notebook & Pen (In Person Only)
- Free Parking (In Person Only at ThinkB!G)
Submit details and a formal training quote will be sent to you!
Payment Policy for Public Enrollment Classes
Payment and/or Purchase Order is required 16 Business Days (Monday-Friday) prior to first date of training class.
Payment Policy for Private & Project Based Training® Classes
Payment and/or Purchase Order is required 16 Business Days (Monday-Friday) prior to first date of training service. Pricing provided is firm fixed price based on number of students. Client is responsible for entire amount regardless of change in number of registrations.
Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy for Public Enrollment Classes
- Classes may be canceled if less than 4 students are registered. We will notify you of cancellations no later than 16 business days prior to class.
- Canceling/Rescheduling more than 16 business days prior to class: You are eligible for a refund or free reschedule. Registration is transferable to another student for the same class & date.
- Canceling/Rescheduling less than 16 business days prior to class: No refund. No Reschedule. Registration is transferable to another student for the same class & date.
- No Shows without contact: No refund. No Reschedule.
Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy for Custom/Private and On-Site Training Classes
- No penalty if cancellation/reschedule is 16 Business Days (Monday-Friday) prior to the first date of class.
- 50% penalty will be incurred if cancellation/reschedule is less than 16 Business Days (Monday-Friday) prior to the first date of class. This fee is to cover instructor expenses, travel, and course materials purchased.
Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy for Individual Students in Custom/Private Training Classes
- Individual students registered in a private class, who cancel or do not show, are not eligible for a partial refund or reschedule. Please contact your class organizer or manager if you need to cancel.